Counting Down for Balloons posted in balloons
April 15, 2016
We’re launching our balloon tomorrow! We’ll be launching at 10AM from Prattsville, NY.
You can track the balloon here.
A quick run-down of the mission:
- We’re launching a 1600g balloon with multiple payloads:
- An APRS Radio GPS tracker
- A SPOT Satellite GPS tracker
- A 10DOF (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature, pressure) sensor logger and GPS logger package
- A Ozone sensor logger
- A GoPro with a Roaree (Columbia University’s mascot) plushie as the subject
- A Radar Reflector
- Get weather balloon experience
- Detect the ozone layer
- See if we can get anything interesting from the 10DOF sensors
- Set a precedence for more ambitious and significant flights in the future
- Get some sweet, sweet footage from 100,000 ft
We’re looking forward to a great launch!
Follow us on twitter to see live updates. There is a button at the bottom of the website.
p.s. The rockets team is launching tomorrow too!
Liked that post? Check out the mission page